Phellodendron amurense is a species of tree in the family Rutaceae, commonly called the Amur cork tree. Native to eastern Asia; northern China, northeast China, Korea, Ussuri, Amur, and Japan, the Amur cork tree is considered invasive in many parts of North America. The State of Massachusetts lists it as a noxious weedPhellodendron amurense is a species of tree in the family Rutaceae, commonly called the Amur cork tree. It is a major source of huáng bò (Chinese: 黄柏 or 黄檗), one of the 50 fundamental herbs used in traditional Chinese medicine. The Ainu people used this plant, called shikerebe-ni, as a painkiller.
It has been used as a Chinese traditional medicine for the treatment of meningitis, bacillary dysentery, pneumonia, tuberculosis, and liver cirrhosis.
Used orally to treat abdominal pain, diarrhoea, gastroenteritis and urinary tract infections. Berberine has been shown to be effective for the treatment of bacterially-induced diarrhoea and ocular trachoma. and cutaneous leishmaniasis
Phellodendron amurense may protect cartilage against osteoarthritis progression.
It may prove to be a potentially important chemopreventive agent for lung cancer.
Phellodendron amurense is able to inhibit prostatic contractility suggesting that it may be useful in the treatment of urological disorders caused by prostatic urethral obstruction such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). Nexrutine (bark extract from Phellodendron amurense) may have potential to prevent prostate tumor development.
Proprietary extracts of Magnolia officinalis and Phellodendron amurense may help overweight/obese people.
Compounds in the leaves (quercetin, quercetin-3-O-beta-D-glucoside, quercetin-3-O-beta-D-galactoside and kaempferol-3-O-beta-D-glucoside) demonstrated significant free radical scavenging activity comparable to vitamin E.
- What Is Gynecological Gel?
- What Is Psoriasis?
- What Is Ichthyosis
- What is acne ?
- What Is Eczema?
- What Is Mouth Wash ?
- Seabuckthorn Mouth Spray
- Feminine Hygiene Medicine-Cnidium Monnieri (L.)...
- Feminine Hygiene Herbal Medicine-Stemonae Radix
- Feminine Hygiene Gynecological Herbal Medicine-...
- Herbal Medicine-Safflower (Carthamus Tinctorius)
- How To Use Gynecological Antibacterial Gel
- Herbal Medicine-Eupatorium Fortunei
- What Is The Liquorice Root?
- Herbal Medicine -Nardostachys Chinensis Batal
- Herbal Medicine-Chrysanthemum
- Herbal Medicine-Cortex Dictamni
- Herbal Medicine-cortex Cereis
- What Is Cortex Cinnamomi-1?
- Feminine Hygiene-female Gel Ingredient