Derived from the Greek word Rheuma, which means swelling, rheumatism refers to a collection of painful conditions that can affect various parts of the body. It is not a single disease but rather a term that is generally assigned to different problems associated with the muscles and joints, and bones and tendons. In some cases, rheumatism may also affect the internal organs such as the lungs, the heart, the kidneys and even the skin.
As a result, there are different types of rheumatism depending on what part of the body is affected. Some common types are:
Rheumatism is also referred to as fibromyalgia or fibromyositis and is more evident in the elderly and middle-aged though it can affect people from all age groups.
Rheumatism is dreaded by all of us, not because it is life threatening, but because of the extent to which it threatens the quality of life. The condition can be severely debilitating, leaving you confined to the bed at times. Rheumatism neednt always take such control over your life however, and there is a lot that can be done to cope with the condition and continue to live a life of relative normalcy.
- What Is Gynecological Gel?
- What Is Psoriasis?
- What Is Ichthyosis
- What is acne ?
- What Is Eczema?
- What Is Mouth Wash ?
- Seabuckthorn Mouth Spray
- Feminine Hygiene Medicine-Cnidium Monnieri (L.)...
- Feminine Hygiene Herbal Medicine-Stemonae Radix
- Feminine Hygiene Gynecological Herbal Medicine-...
- Symptoms Of Rheumatism-pain Relief Patch
- Causes Of Rheumatism-pain Relief Patch
- Remedies For Rheumatism-pain Relief Patch1
- Remedies For Rheumatism-pain Relief Patch2
- Suggestion For Rheumatism-pain Relief Patch
- The Effect Of Radix Aconiti Preparata-Chinese H...
- The Indications Of Radix Aconiti Preparata-Chin...
- The Indications Of Radix Aconiti Preparata(2)-C...
- The Indications Of Radix Aconiti Preparata(3)-C...
- Chinese Herbal Shoe Deodorizer Spray